Here's how to find and activate the feature:
- Log on to LinkedIn and then click on the Jobs tab.
- Click Preferences.
- Under the heading, "Let recruiters know you're open", move the toggle bar from "Off" to "On".
Once you turn the toggle switch on, a whole host of options pop up so that you can fine-tune your preferences. These option include:
- Adding your preferred job titles
- Selecting the type of work that you want (full time, contract, etc.)
- Indicating when you could become available
- Adding a 300-character introduction about yourself
- Indicating which location(s) that you will consider
- Selecting from a long list of industries that are checked by default, but that you can un-check, if you don't want to work in particular industries
- Indicating what size company that you prefer
Important note: LinkedIn states: "We take steps to not show your current company that you're open, but can't guarantee that we can identify every recruiter affiliated with your company." Learn more
So ... if you are miserably employed, consider activating this new LinkedIn feature, but realize that there is a chance that your company will find out.
If you are unemployed, I'd say unequivocally, "Go for it!" -- you've got nothing to lose and a great deal to gain by notifying recruiters that you available for their open positions.
What do you think of this new LinkedIn feature? Share your thoughts! -- Kathy
Impress recruiters when they check out your LinkedIn profile!
An amazing 97% of recruiters use LinkedIn to find and vet job candidates. Impress them by optimizing your LinkedIn profile through WiserU. We've helped hundreds of candidates score high for the jobs they want by radically improving their LinkedIn profile and by expanding their reach on the world's largest business network! Learn more
We also provide career coaching, resume creation/optimization services, interview preparation training, as well as options where you can combine the groundbreaking WiserU Career System career training program with our individual training and services.
Get started today!