Recent news has gotten me feeling upbeat about St. Louis' prospects.
What do you think?
1) Crime is easing
Data from the St. Louis Police Department show total reported crimes, and the categories of crimes against persons and property, declined from July to August, and again in September. (St. Louis Post-Dispatch)
2) Boeing opens St. Louis tech site with 700 jobs (Seattle Times)
3) Square to open office in St. Louis and hire 200 people (The Missouri Times)
4) KPMG to add 175 tech jobs in downtown St. Louis (St. Louis Business Journal)
5) There is so much great startup news in St. Louis, there is a new show on PBS just to cover it all – Watch the Domain Tech Report Wednesdays at 10:30 p.m. or Sundays at noon. (Nine Network - #DomainTechReport)
6) St. Louis booming Cortex District now has more than 200 companies and 3,600 workers (St. Louis Business Journal)
7) Better Weekdays, a St. Louis startup has raised $1.35 million (St. Louis Business Journal)
8) One of St. Louis’ most successful entrepreneur envisions 1,000 tech companies in Downtown St. Louis (St. Louis Business Journal)
9) Cortex Is constructing major new building; TechShop will anchor (St. Louis Public Radio)
10) St. Louis hopes to use billion-dollar construction projects to reshape city (Admittedly this story is forward-focused, but it still makes me hopeful for St. Louis!)
What do you think? Is St. Louis getting better? Share your thoughts and feel free to share this article to help spark a discussion about St. Louis and its prospects. -- Kathy
Look to WiserU for LinkedIn training (for sales, recruiting, fundraising, or career) and LinkedIn profile and company page services and comprehensive career services for the unemployed, miserably employed and recent college graduates.
Subscribe to WiserUTips.com for weekly LinkedIn and career tips.