|How hirable are you?|
1a) If you are young:
- Are you wise beyond your years?
- Are you more mature than people expect?
- Are you willing to understand how ‘things have always been done’ before pushing through your own agenda?
- Do you embrace what others can bring to the table even if they are older or different than you?
1b) If you are older:
- Are you young in spirit?
- Are you open to doing things in new ways even if it is not your idea or what has been done before?
- Do YOU have fresh, effective ideas?
- Do you embrace what others can bring to the table even if they are younger or different than you?
- Do people still think you are relevant?
2) Are you technically proficient?
3) Are you continually honing your skills?
4) Are you pleasant to work with?
5) Do you finish what you start?
6) Do you listen well?
7) Are you a positive force in the workplace (resisting negativity, gossip, etc.?)
8) Do you work hard?
9) Do you work smart?
10) Do you support your leadership and make them look good?
If you answered “no” to any of these questions, resolve to improve and take active steps to do so, after all, it can help you Get a Job ... and keep one!
What other indicators are there to judge whether a person is truly hirable? Share your comments via the Contact Us tab.
Like what you've learned?
Receive Getajobtips.com by email or RSS feed and benefit from our services! Also register for our free Wednesday webinars (See the right navigation bar for upcoming webinars).